Inspiration- Mad Men fashion

We just had a lovely long weekend in Australia to celebrate the Queen's birthday. Since it was dismal and rainy all weekend I spent most of it sitting on the couch with the cats watching back to back episodes of season 3 of Mad Men.



It's a great show for fashion eye candy with lots of cinematic qualities and a slow burn kind of plot. It's perfect for knitting and tea drinking while you 'ooh' and 'ahh' at the fashion, hairstyles and sets and tisk at constant smoking and the scandal of the many MANY affairs and romantic dealings. Love it!!!

I really love the fashion of the early 60s as it still has lots of the style and glamour of the 50s. The outfits used on the show are so thoughtfully put together with accessories, hair and make up. They do a good job of making you feel like you're really seeing a snapshot of the time. I think it's amazing!

Here are some pics of dresses/outfits I liked, although they're really just a taste!

Joan, gorgeous pink dress
Betty, stunning floral dress + awesome sunglasses!
Betty, classic dress with polka dot sash

Mad Men's glam ladies

Teal dress in Mad Men style
Joan barbie, I want one!

One day if I ever get over my fear of patterns and conquer sewing clothes, I'd love to try a dress in the 50s style. The shape is so flattering and classic and the possibilities are endless. Until then I'll happily continue lusting after Mad Men fashions!

xx

1 comment:

  1. Awesome stuff!
    I love Mad Men, can't wait for it to return!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will always try my best to get back to you and return the love. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...