fabric shopping

I tend to go a little crazy when I go into fabric shops. I think it's to do with all the colours and textures, the pretty prints and the endless possibilities for each piece. I find fabric shopping quite inspiring but I have to be careful not to go overboard as I already have a box FULL of lovely fabrics (though there's always room for more....)

At the moment, I have been focusing on buying  fabrics with the intention of sewing them into bags, purses, bibs and accessories like yo yo flowers and ruffles for tank tops.  Having a focus when I go shopping is helpful in guiding my purchases so they are completely justifiable. :)

Today I was lucky enough to see Corrie from Retromummy at the Mathilda's Markets. She had lots of beautiful fat quarters of fabric and I spent ages pouring over them while chatting away. Check out her blog, she's fab.

From Corrie I managed to pick up some sweet fabrics from the 'flower sugar' range that I think would be nice for sewing purses, bags and yo yo flowers. They have a bit of the 'Cath Kidson' look to them I think. 


I also got some super cute Japanese fabrics that I think will make cute little bibs, purses and maybe even diaper bags.



I have also been asked by my friend Kylie to make her some little purses and drawstring bags to give to the little girls in her ballet and dance school. I knew exactly what I wanted for this and managed to hunt down some gorgeous kokka ballerina fabric online. I get so excited when I get to go and pick up my little parcel of goodies from etsy after patiently waiting for weeks! Don't you just love shopping online?

Here are the ballerina fabrics I plan to use for sewing the drawstring bags and coin purses:




I am really looking forward to getting started with all of this. I'll post pics as I go. Wish me luck!

Lindsey. xx

1 comment:

  1. The blue floral fabric is my fav, can't wait to see photo's. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will always try my best to get back to you and return the love. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...