Tips for a successful market stall

As I start to sew up a collection of bags, purses, bibs and things with the aim of an end of year market stall in mind, I thought it would be a good idea to do some research on the topic.

There is a lot of advice out there for things like setting up a market stall, displays, signage, tags and labels, how to attract and retain customers, packaging etc, and to a complete market selling newbie it can be a little overwhelming and scary. While the internet has a plethora of wonderful advice, my tiny brain has started suffering from information overload, and I think if I keep on reading it all at once l'll probably end up rocking in a corner somewhere thinking it's all going to be too hard.

So, I thought it would be a good idea to just put some links to some helpful articles I have found in one blog post so I can revisit them as and when I need them. Hopefully you might get something out of it too!

From a finance perspective, here's an article from nineMSN written by Allison Tait with their top 10 tips for starting up a market stall.

Handmade Canberra have a nice little article with some tips for looking professional  advice on banners and displays and other practical suggestions.

Handmadeology have heaps of great articles about selling your crafty wares, mostly from an Etsy perspective. I found this helpful piece about branding which I'll need to think about before I put myself and my things out there.

Handmadeology also have a post on successful craft fair tips that has links to all their favourite tips from the last year. I love it when someone does all the hard work for me!

On Flickr I found a group called show me your booths where members show off their displays. Lots of inspiration here for all the visual learners out there.

Phew! I think there is enough information here to give me something to think about. If you have any other helpful hints and tips on running a successful market stall I'd love to hear them!

Lindsey. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will always try my best to get back to you and return the love. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...