Too much fabric!

Ok, I think it's time I admitted I have a problem with buying fabric. I'll bet a few of you are reading this and slowly nodding as you think about your own heaving crate of fabric/wool/felt/beads/pretty paper or whatever else it is you guiltily hide from your loved ones anywhere you can.... I'm onto you!

Here are some beautiful pics of fabrics I'd love to roll around in:


Photo by grand revival design


photo by retromummy


it's a hoot range photo by Seamstar Handmade


amazing textured fabrics travelling colours Tumblr

I am so in love with different textures and patterns in fabric. I can always see a use for things so the purchases are usually really well justified, however, since I live in a small flat and the second bedroom is already piled high with my crates and bags of fabric and notions, I think it's time to stop buying and start some serious making.

Lucky for me, Christmas is looming so I can set myself a little goal. I think I might look into having a little market stall somewhere in November too. We'll see. It's hard to get too excited about selling things when we are in the grips of global financial doom and gloom and people don't really seem to want to spend money. Having said that, people always want to buy lovely things for the people they care about for Christmas so maybe there's room there for my little things.

So the next step is working out what kind of things to sell, gathering patterns and getting started. I need a plan.... Not always my strong point, but I did find some help for writing a business plan from Tricia McKellar on her blog Wonder Thinking. Her blog focuses on building your creative business and when you subscribe to her newsletter, she sends you a wonderthinking plan-o-rama. I haven't looked at it yet because I'm lazy and like to operate more haphazardly than that.... but I probably should or I'll spend another month thinking, 'where on earth has all my time and creative energy gone?'

This blog was supposed to be here to hold me accountable, and it has worked to an extent- I'm definitely sewing more than I ever have and I'm loving every minute. I guess it's just at that point now where I need to see if I can get it from hobby/gift sewing to something more, whatever that may be.

If you have any thoughts or inspirtation for this, I'd love to hear it!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment... I'm going to follow you... follow me back? I'm just at the same place you are... I'm trying to figure out how to build my business too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Soooooooooooooooooooooo Yummy are these fabrics! i love them all and the textured fabrics -- to die for!!! i hope that the blog works for you and keeps you creating and sewing -- that is truly a wonderful thing -- as your newest member -- i will be watching and routing for you!!!! hugs...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will always try my best to get back to you and return the love. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...