Pretty things for ballerinas- part 2

I have finally finished sewing 10 pretty things for ballerinas for my friend Kylie. She wanted a few special little things to give to the girls in her dance studio who were trying their best. You can read about how it started here in part 1.

For this project I bought a few contrasting ballet themed fabrics so each piece would look a little different. In the end I made 5 ballet bags for shoes and 5 little purses for hair ties or coins.While all the ballet bags were made using this tutorial for making a drawstring bag, I tried to make each purse a little different to the next.

Overall I'm happy with them and hope the little girls like them too! Here are some pictures of the whole collection and each individual piece:

collection- 10 pretty things for ballerinas


ballet shoe bag- Kokka fabric

ballet shoe bag, Kokka fabric


ballet shoe bag- Kokka fabric


ballet shoe bag

ballet shoe bag- Kokka fabric


  
zippered coin purse, kokka fabric











hair ties and clips wallet



hair ties and clips wallet

zippered coin purse- kokka fabric





small make up bag

I also wanted to make something special for my friend Kylie who has always been so supportive of my sewing. I used my favourite ballerina Kokka fabric to make her a tote bag and popped all 10 things inside for her. she really liked it and wants me to make another 15 for her girls at Christmas time. You can find a tutorial for making this tote bag by following the link.  Here's a picture:

tote bag
 I had fun making my first little collection. I also enjoyed taking the photos and processing them myself, but I really have a lot to learn about that!

I'd love to see some links to any of your collections!

xx


 

2 comments:

  1. The little ballerinas will be delighted! What perfect fabric you have found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVEEE! Cute! :) I follow you now! COme follow back? :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will always try my best to get back to you and return the love. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...