blog love....

One of the best things about starting a blog is the joy of following others. Every time I go to my blog dashboard  I have a look at the list of all the recent updates from my favourite craft and sewing blogs. I pour over their content, marvelling at the creativity and generosity of people just happy to share their work and ideas with the rest of the crafting community. I have learned so much from sewing tutorials online, it's the most valuable thing the internet has ever given me! I hope I can help people with my tutorials one day!

Here are some of the blogs and projects I have been eyeing off recently (all pics used with permission)
Jessica from Running with Scissors has a gorgeous blog with some great tutorials. I really like this bird pillow cover tutorial using a freezer paper stencil. I'm yet to try this technique for stenciling but I am keen to give it a go!


I found this GORGEOUS spring fever dress tutorial made by Jessica from her lovely blog me sew crazy. I am amazed at how generous people are and their willingness to share their work. This is a beautiful dress for little girls (though I wish it came in my size!). I'd like to give it a go sometime!


A cute little gathered clutch tutorial i'd like to try comes from noodlehead. It has an internal pocket for credit cards and a gathered front. It also has fabric covers for the ends of the zippers which look nice too. There are lots of really cute things on this blog for little kids. Great use of fabric too!


A blog I have always admired is from Lisa at u-handbag. She has some great little tutorials for sewing zippers into lining, sewing on bag handles and dealing with purses with mtal frames. I really love this bag and the cute robot fabric. She has kindly offered the 'for pleat's sake' tutorial with a pattern sheet. I am definitely going to give this one a try soon.


I wouldn't have learned even a 10th of what I have about sewing if it wasn't for fabulous tutorials such as these. I can't wait to try these ones out!

What sewing blogs or tutorials have you been loving lately? I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will always try my best to get back to you and return the love. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...